Property & Construction Finance
For property finance, most people think first of their bank and other standard lenders. Moody Kiddell & Partners have access to a wide range of Lenders and unique loan packages and we can often secure a more competitive facility.
We have a range of products available to assist you to build and/or develop your property portfolio. From the purchase of vacant residential and Industrial land, through the development stages, to the construction of Residential Houses or Units, Retail, Commercial and Industrial property, we have funders that can assist in many ways.
We also have available some funders that can assist with the short term lending, when in some cases the approved loan funds may be a little short to complete the project in its finality.
Building or construction loans generally operate as an interest-only facility with a variable interest rate during the construction period, before reverting to the standard home loan package you have negotiated with your lender. During the building or construction period, you only pay interest on the part of the home loan that has been drawn down, or paid out. Building or construction loans may vary slightly state to state, so speak to us for more information.
- Variable Rate: The loan product is usually at a variable rate, unless the initial purchase of the land will be un-developed for an agreed period of time, at which time a fixed rate can be negotiated. During the construction stage, the Interest rate is again usually variable.
- Fixed Rate: Depending on where we source the funds, and subject to the development being over a period of less than 6 months, you have the option of a Fixed Interest rate.
- Short Term or Mezzanine Debt: Funds made available to allow for the completion of the project, when the time of the completion has become an issue.
- Loan Amounts: Depending on the project and funds and/or equity to be placed into the project.
- Repayment Terms: The construction loan should be repaid at the completion of the project, by either re-finance or sale of the development.
- Security: Fully secured by Commercial, Retail, Industrial and Residential Property. With regards to Short term lending, a caveat or second mortgage may only be required.
- Repayment Options: Either Interest Only on a monthly basis, or the Interest can be capitalised into the total loan amount.
- Loan Terms: From 6 months to 3 years.